Win Dinner for 2 Anywhere in the World
Adopt the Winning Rubber Ducky & Pack Your Bags
We want you to be safe, so we have extended the time the winner has to take the trip from one year to two years after the date of the race.
Where will you go?
Alaska or Hawaii?
Australia or South Africa?
Those are all places previous winners have traveled!
Airfare for two
Two-night hotel stay
Dinner for two (alcohol not included)
Many winners extend their trip at their own expense. Some restrictions apply. Read the race rules below.
The Ducky Wucky RIver Race is historically held the Saturday before Mother's Day on the Nashua River in Harvard, Mass. The 2020 Ducky Wucky River race has been postponed until August 29th due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As many as 10,000 rubber duckies or more may compete in the race, but it depends on how many ducks are adopted (tickets sold). No ducks are harmed in the race! Specially trained duck wranglers round up every duck at the end of the race. We set up booms at the finish line to direct the ducks into a funnel, so one at a time can finish the race.
You don't have to be present to win. (We are asking the public to not attend the race as we are unable to provide accommodations for safe viewing related to the pandemic. The winners and race video will be posted on this website after the race.)
The Ayer Rotary Club uses the net proceeds to support local charitable causes, such as food pantries, youth sports, scholarships, and aid to families in need.
Rules of the Ayer Rotary Club's
Annual Ducky Wucky River Race
1. Once ducks are launched, they are on their own,
except that the race committee reserve the right to
free them if caught in branches or other river impediments.
2. Winners will be determined by serial number on
adoption paper corresponding to code number of each
duck in order of finish. If an unadopted duck should
finish in the top winning number of ducks, that number
shall be disallowed in favor of the next adopted duck to finish.
3. Decisions of the judges stationed at the finish line
will be final. Judges are not eligible to win.
4. The Grand Prize and runner-up winners will be
announced at the end of the race. They will also be
notified by telephone, electronic mail and/or US Mail with
redemption certificate enclosed. Winners will be instructed
on method of claiming prizes, but such claim is the sole
responsibility of the winner and must be accomplished by
the June 30th following the race (except in 2020 when the deadline has been extended and the winner has until August 29, 2022, to book travel arrangements for the trip).
5. It is not necessary for "adopters" of winning ducks to
be present to claim prize(s).
6. Names of winners will be published in a public forum, such as local area
newspaper(s) and/or this website following
the date of the race.
7. The Grand Prize, referred to a "Dinner for Two Any-
where in the World," is subject to the following restrictions:
- Grand Prize winner must make destination selection no
later than June 30th following the race (except in 2020 when the deadline has been extended and the winner has until August 29, 2022, to book travel arrangements for the trip), and destination
selection must be considered an international gateway by
the International Airlines Traffic Association.
- All travel must be completed within one calendar year of
the race date (except in 2020 when the deadline has been extended and the winner has until August 29, 2022, to book travel arrangements for the trip).
- The Grand Prize includes airfare for two. The lowest applicable
excursion airfare will apply. Neither land arrangements nor
airline tickets are transferable or refundable.
- Depending upon destination, there are certain date referred
to as blackout dates during which the trip cannot be taken.
Winner must abide by airline rules regarding minimum stay
and any other conditions which may be imposed on dates
-The Rotary Club of Ayer-Harvard-Shirley-Devens (the Club) will provide
two nights hotel stay, with any balance of hotel costs at the
expense of the passengers.
- Winners will also be reimbursed for the cost of two complete
dinners, excepting alcoholic beverages, at a restaurant of the
winner's choosing at the selected destination.
- All travel arrangements required for the Grand Prize must be
made by agents of the Rotary Club of Ayer-Harvard-Shirley-
- Any variations from the rules above will be the responsibility
of and at the expense of the passengers/prize winner. Any
trip extensions or flight upgrades will be the responsibility of
and at the expense of the passengers/prize winner, but
should be coordinated with the Club's agent.
8. Any prize other than the Grand Prize may be transferred to
a person or persons of the prize winner's choice. Grand Prize
may not be sold, transferred or assigned. Any tax liability that
might be incurred as a result of winning any prize is the
responsibility of the prize winner.
9. There will be no cash equivalent prizes in lieu of designated
10. The race is being supervised by the Club, its members and
appointed volunteers. The race is for the benefit of various
charities supported by the Club.
11. Failure to follow these rules may result in the decision by
the Club to disqualify a prize winner.